Recipe by email@example.com
I have been making this recipe for a lot of years and every time I fix it people devour it. It takes a little time to prepare, but is well worth the effort.
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 teaspoon salad oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dill weed
- 4 cups finely shredded iceberg lettuce (I just tear the lettuce)
- 6 -8 cherry tomatoes, halved (you can also use a regular tomato, cut in slices)
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 1 (15 ounce) cancooked peas
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped onions
- 2 teaspoons chopped parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Turn walnuts into saucepan of rapidly boiling water. Boil 3 minutes and then drain well.
- Toss with oil, garlic salt, and dill weed on shallow baking pan.
- Toast at 350°F for 10-12 minutes, stirring once; cool.
- Arrange in order in straight-sided bowl (6 1/2 in diameter, 3 1/2 inches deep), 2 cups lettuce, row of tomatoes, cut sides against glass, cheese,cooked peas, 3/4 cups walnuts and remaining lettuce.
- Top with 1 cup creamy dressing, spreading in an even layer, completely to edge of bowl.
- Cover and chill several hours or overnight (overnight is better).
- At serving time, add remaining dressing and sprinkle with reserved walnuts
- (I put remaining dressing and walnuts on right away and then chill).
- Creamy dressing: just stir together all the ingredients.