Prep 20 mins
Cook 24 hrs
Another "do ahead" recipe for this gorgeous salad. Not only does it look good it tastes good too!
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 3 Belgian endive, shredded
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 1 large red pepper, thinly sliced
- 6 green onions, sliced
- 1 bunch radish, sliced
- 1 cup frozen tiny peas
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3⁄4 cup chili sauce
- Put half of the lettuce in the bottom of a clear glass salad bowl.
- Layer the ingredients alternately with the peas.
- Use complimenting colors as you layer the veggies.
- Mix the Mayo & chili sauce.
- Top the salad with the last half of the iceberg lettuce.
- Spread dressing over the top of the salad.
- Cover and refrigerate for 24 hours.
Bergy, great easy salad and oh so colorful! Used about 1/2 chili sauce and added catsup for the rest and added a touch of pickle relish to it to make it more a 1000 island type dressing, only cause I didnt think the kids would eat it without it. They devoured it! Thanks!