I saw this in a magazine today & wanted to keep the recipe as I have eaten lots of things like this. Simple, easy & tasty. I have suggested some optional additions, but that's up to you. If desired, you could also add some proscuitto or other meat for a non-vegetarian pie.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel and slice pumpkin into even sized pieces, then cook until just tender.
- 2Roast and peel the peppers, cut into large pieces.
- 3Mix the ricotta with parmesan, salt, pepper and garlic.
- 4Sprinkle a touch of nutmeg over the spinach (if using).
- 5Grease a deep baking dish or pie plate and line it with a circle of the shortcrust, making sure there's an overhang to seal the top.
- 6Layer the filling as follows: pumpkin, spinach, ricotta, red peppers.
- 7Brush the pastry edge with egg, then use the puff pastry to make a lid.
- 8Pinch the two pastries together to seal& brush the top with beaten egg.
- 9Make a small hole in the top to let steam escape.
- 10Bake at 200C (400F) for 20 minutes or until golden.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Layered Vegetable Pie
Serving Size: 1 (360 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 806.4
- Calories from Fat 478
- Total Fat 53.1 g
- Saturated Fat 18.4 g
- Cholesterol 102.1 mg
- Sodium 671.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 23.8 g