Recipe by Meghan at Food.com
Adapted from Whole Foods
Top Review by threeovens
This was very easy and quite good. I just felt it needed a little salt and pepper. The next day, I served it as leftovers and poured some store-bought salsa over it, for a completely different meal! Made for Fall 2011 PAC.
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can corn
- 1 cup bell pepper, chopped
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes (no-salt-added tomatoes, preferably)
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 8 corn tortillas
- 3⁄4 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Mix the corn, green pepper, lime juice, 1 1/2 TBSP chili powder and tomatoes; cook over medium-high heat. Simmer the mixture until liquid is almost evaporated, about 10 minutes or more.
- In a bowl, mash the beans with 1/2 TBSP chili powder.
- Lay four tortillas on a lightly sprayed baking pan. Spread the bean mixture on the tortillas, then 1/2 cup of the vegetable mixture and a little cheese. Add another tortilla, about 1/4 cup more of the veggies and any leftover cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until warmed through and browned to your liking.