Recipe by Tisme
Another great find on the Kraft recipe site. It takes a little preparation, but well worth the while. Great as a side dish or even just to serve on its own! My family loves vegetables and they certainly love this.
Top Review by Jociecee
Delicious, rich veggie lasagna with potatoes and sweet potatoes instead of noodles! I used local veggies from the winter farmers' market, and the spinach and cheese complemented the combo of potatoes. I made for Best of 2010 Cookbook Tag. Thanks for a new favorite!
- 25 g butter
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 medium leek, white part only, thinly sliced
- 300 g baby spinach leaves, blanched, excess moisture squeezed out
- 600 g sweet potatoes, peeled, parboiled and cut into 4-5mm slices
- 500 g desiree potatoes, parboiled and cut into 4 - 5 mm slices
- 1 cup grated tasty cheese
- 125 g light cream cheese, softened
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup cream
- 2 tablespoons thyme leaves, roughly chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat butter in a frying pan and sauté the garlic and leek for 5 minutes, then add the spinach and cook a further minute.
- Layer half the potatoes in the base of a lined 24cm round spring form tin. Top with the spinach and leek mixture, then top with remaining potatoes. Sprinkle grated cheese over the top.
- Whisk together the cream cheese, eggs, cream, thyme and seasoning. Pour cream cheese mixture over the cheese and bake at 200ºC for 40-45 minutes. Serve with salad or your favourite cooked meat.