Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Another great find on the Kraft recipe site. It takes a little preparation, but well worth the while. Great as a side dish or even just to serve on its own! My family loves vegetables and they certainly love this.
- 25 g butter
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 medium leek, white part only, thinly sliced
- 300 g baby spinach leaves, blanched, excess moisture squeezed out
- 600 g sweet potatoes, peeled, parboiled and cut into 4-5mm slices
- 500 g desiree potatoes, parboiled and cut into 4 - 5 mm slices
- 1 cup grated tasty cheese
- 125 g light cream cheese, softened
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup cream
- 2 tablespoons thyme leaves, roughly chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat butter in a frying pan and sauté the garlic and leek for 5 minutes, then add the spinach and cook a further minute.
- Layer half the potatoes in the base of a lined 24cm round spring form tin. Top with the spinach and leek mixture, then top with remaining potatoes. Sprinkle grated cheese over the top.
- Whisk together the cream cheese, eggs, cream, thyme and seasoning. Pour cream cheese mixture over the cheese and bake at 200ºC for 40-45 minutes. Serve with salad or your favourite cooked meat.
Delicious, rich veggie lasagna with potatoes and sweet potatoes instead of noodles! I used local veggies from the winter farmers' market, and the spinach and cheese complemented the combo of potatoes. I made for Best of 2010 Cookbook Tag. Thanks for a new favorite!
Fabulous dish. Made as directed using an entire 8 ounce brick of cream cheese. This is also gorgeous and worthy of celebrations such as brunch, Easter, etc. This is going into my Best of 2010 cookbook! Thanks, Tisme, for a real hit! Made for Photo Recipe Swap tag game.
What a great veggie dish! I used 8 baby red Norland potatoes, 3 medium sweet potatoes and a 6 oz package of fresh baby spinach leaves. I blanched the spinach leaves for about a minute and then shocked them in some ice water. Using the same water, I sliced the potatoes into Â¼ inch slices and parboiled them for about 8 minutes. I used a wonderful local sharp cheddar for the cheese. I took the precaution and lined my 9 Â½ spring form pan with foilâ€¦.as I donâ€™t trust it to be liquid tight anymore. Popped it into the oven at 375F for 40 minutes and it was done to perfection. I alternated the white and orange colored potato slices into a spiral on both the top and bottom layerâ€¦.With the dark green of the spinach and the light green of the leek sandwiched in between â€¦it was almost too pretty to eatâ€¦.but we did!!!!