Prep 10 mins
Cook 55 mins
I found this recipe on a pyrex glass baking dish. I have not made it - but it looks so simple and the flavours should work well together. As a shortcut I would purchase the grilled eggplant and capsicum from the deli.
- 400 g potatoes, cut into 1/2cm slices
- 1 red capsicum, quartered and grilled
- 300 g eggplants, sliced and grilled
- 1 Spanish onion, sliced
- 130 g pesto sauce
- 300 g ricotta cheese
- 2 cups english spinach
- parmesan cheese, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180 Degress C or 350 Degrees F.
- Spray 7 cup capacity pyrex dish with olive oil spray.
- Place potato in single layer over base of dish.
- Spread 1/2 jar pesto sauce over.
- Layer half of the onion.
- Layer half of the ricotta.
- Top ricotta with capsicum, season with sea salt and pepper.
- Layer half of the eggplant, then layer remaining onion, pesto, potato, ricotta and eggplant.
- Bake covered with foil for 45 minutes.
- Remove foil, top with spinach leaves and cook further 5 - 10 minutes until psinach is wilted and potato tender.
- Allow to cool and serve in wedges topped with parmesan.