1 hr 55 mins
1 hr 15 mins
Looks yummy!! Found in the Taste of Home magazine from Oct/Nov 2009.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon flour
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips, melted and cooled
- 1/4 cup caramel ice cream topping
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1Wrap a double thickness of foil around a greased 9-inch springform pan.
- 2Combine flour, brown sugar, and pecans; cut in butter till crumbly. Press into bottom of pan. Place pan on baking sheet, bake at 325 degrees for 12-15 minutes or till set. Cool on wire rack.
- 3Beat cream cheese and sugars till smooth. Beat in 1/4 cup flour, cream and vanilla. Add eggs, beat on low speed just till combined. Remove 1 cup batter to a small bowl; stir in melted chocolate until blended. Spread over crust.
- 4Combine caramel topping and remaining flour; stir in pecans. Drop by tablespoonfuls over chocolate batter. Top with remaining batter. Place springform pan in large baking pan, add 1 inch of hot water to larger pan.
- 5Bake at 325 degrees for 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 hours or until center is just set and top appears dull. Remove pan from waterbath. Cool on wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight.
- 6For ganache, place chips in a small bowl. In a small pan, bring cream just to a boil. Pour over chips; whisk until smooth. Cool slightly, stirring constantly. Spread over cheesecake. Sprinkle with chopped pecans. Refrigerate until set. Garnish with pecan halves and additional caramel topping if desired.
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Layered Turtle Cheesecake
Serving Size: 1 (178 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 665.1
- Calories from Fat 412
- Total Fat 45.8 g
- Saturated Fat 23.5 g
- Cholesterol 174.0 mg
- Sodium 359.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 38.6 g
- Protein 10.0 g