Recipe by Chicagoland Chef du Jour
I perused many recipes here @ Zaar and didn't find one to my liking until I came up with this. I suppose there may be something similar but NOT as good as this ;^P . All ingredients can be increased to your liking. Top with your favorite taco toppings sour cream, green salsa, sliced black olives, etc.
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 0.5 (1 ounce) packetof chi chi's fiesta taco seasoning, dry mix is complete with seasonings, dried green chilies and onions
- 3 flour tortillas, 8-inch
- 2⁄3 cup corn, cooked
- 2⁄3 cup salsa
- 8 ounces refried beans, spicy
- 4 ounces monterey jack pepper cheese, divided
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese, divided
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Brown ground beef until no longer pink.
- Add taco seasoning mix, stir until combined.
- Generously spray bottom and sides of a 9" pie plate with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place one flour tortilla on the bottom of the prepared pie plate.
- Spread with 1/2 of refried beans, top with 1/2 of meat, corn, salsa and half of both cheeses.
- Add 2nd tortilla. Repeat layers.
- Top with 3rd tortilla, top with remaining cheese. *NOTE: you can eliminate the 3rd tortilla if you like and just end with the toppings and shredded cheese.
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes.
- Cut into 4 wedges and serve with your favorite toppings, if desired.