Prep 0 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a quick and easy meal. Serve with a salad. Adults and children love this one.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (2 1/2 ounce) canof sliced black olives, drained
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 6 (6 inch) corn tortillas
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup water
- In a skillet, brown ground beef and onion; drain fat.
- Add tomato sauce, garlic, chili powder, salt and pepper and black olives.
- Mix well and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Lightly butter tortillas on one side only; place one tortilla, buttered side down, in a 2-qt. round casserole dish.
- Spoon about 1/2 cup of meat mixture on the tortilla, then sprinkle with about 1/3 cup cheese. R.
- Repeat layers, ending with cheese.
- Pour water around the sides of casserole (not over the top).
- Cover and bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes or until heated through.
- Let stand 5 minutes before cutting.
Pretty tasty. I think I may try it with a can of enchilada sauce instead of tomato sauce next time.
My family made pigs of themselves tonight! I changed a few things, but this deserved a five regardless! I love this idea and how versatile this recipe is! I used this bottle of enchilada sauce I had in the cupboard collecting dust instead of tomato sauce, I used flour tortillas, kraft cheese slices when my cheddar ran out, and I added more seasoning, brown sugar and ketchup to my sauce so it didn't taste bottled. :-) This came out really delicious and was made even better with a side of sour cream. Thanks for a new favorite recipe!! :-)
Nana, I really didn't know what to expect of this recipe as it's not the type of thing I'm used to making, but DH and I were very pleasently surprised indeed. DH reviewed as follows: "this is a 4 star recipe with easy potential for 5 stars, the texture was 100% perfect, we would only need to tweek the taste a tiny bit to suit our personal preferences and it will be really perfect" I think the we maybe needed a tiny bit *more* chili (I can't believe I said that !!!) ...since I'm a wimp when it comes to the hot stuff in recipes. We will be making this again soonest, it was also easy and presentation was lovely... Please see my rating system: a wonderful 4 stars. Thanks!!!