Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Basil pesto, Mascarpone cheese and Sun dried Tomato Pesto make this the perfect appetizer.
- 8 ounces mascarpone cheese, softened
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup basil pesto, drain excess liquid (prepared)
- 1 cup sun-dried tomato pesto, drain excess liquid
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 1 sprig fresh basil
- Blend cheeses until smooth.
- line 7" loaf pan with enough dampened cheesecloth to hang over each side.
- Spread 1/3 of cheese mixture into pan, coat evenly.
- top with basil pesto. (don't blend in with the cheese).
- Carefully spread another (1/3 of mix) Cheese layer.
- Spread Sundired tomato mixture over the cheese layer.
- Top off with the remaining cheese mixture, covering evenly.
- Fold cheese cloth over the top and cover with foil and refridgerate over night.
- To serve, remove foil & cheese cloth and invert onto a serving platter.
- Top with pine nuts and basil.
- Serve at room temp with crackers or toast rounds.