Recipe by Ceezie
This came from Taste of Home Quick Cooking Collectors Edition - I haven't tried it yet but it sounds great.
Top Review by tammarie
I always get great comments when I make this cake. I make homemade angle food cake, or even boxed because we don't care for the "fake" taste and texture of store bought. It is still a great summer cake, if not a a little messy :)
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1⁄2 cup caramel ice cream topping or 1⁄2 cup butterscotch sundae sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 16 ounces angel food cake mix (prepared)
- 12 5⁄8 ounces Heath candy bars, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream just until it begins to thicken. Gradually add the ice cream topping and vanilla; beating until soft peaks form. Cut cake horizontally into 3 layers.
- Place the bottom layer on a serving plate; spread with 1 cups cream mixture and sprinkle with 1/2 cup candy bar. Repeat. Place layer on top of cake; frost top and sides with remaining cream mixture and sprinkle with remaining candy bar.
- Store in fridge till ready to serve and also store leftovers in fridge.