Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Simple and tasty! Taste of Home April/May 2010
Make and share this Layered Taco Salad (Taste of Home) recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope taco seasoning
- 2 medium avocados, peeled and pitted
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onions
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 4 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) cansliced black olives, drained
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 small cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 5 green onions, chopped
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup salsa
- 2 cups sour cream
- tortilla chips
- Cook beef till no longer pink; drain. Stir in water and seasoning. Bring to boil; cook and stir 2 minutes. Cool slightly.
- Mash avocados with onion, garlic, and lemon juice. In 3 quart glass bowl, layer beef, avocado mixture, lettuce, olives, tomatoes, cucumber, green onions, cheese, salsa, and sour cream. Serve with chips.