Recipe by loof
No meat in this taco salad! My husband and I love this so much we often have it as a meal by itself! Regular Dorito's are sometimes hard to find but taste much better in this salad than Tostito's or other white-corn chips.
Top Review by ElizabethKnicely
This is a very good, quick meal for the summer! It was very hot here today, so I quickly whipped up this salad without having to heat up my kitchen and it turned out great. I used Spicy Nacho Doritos, a green salad mix that was already washed and cut up, and flavored black beans because I couldn't find ranch style beans. Everything else I keep the same and I assembled it as listed. My kids who love regular taco salad, really enjoyed this too. Thank you loof. Made for PLEASE REVIEW MY RECIPE MAY-JUNE 2013.
- 1 head iceberg lettuce
- 1 large tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can ranch style beans, drained and rinsed
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 (11 ounce) bagdorito's corn chips
- 1 (16 ounce) bottleseven seas green goddess salad dressing, chilled
Directions See How It's Made
- Tear up the lettuce and place in a large bowl.
- Chop the tomato and layer on top of the lettuce.
- Layer the drained and rinsed beans over the tomatoes.
- Layer the shredded cheddar over the beans.
- Crush the Dorito's and layer these over the cheese.
- Just before serving, cover the top of the salad with the Green Goddess dressing, spreading all over and to the edges of the bowl.