Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
No meat in this taco salad! My husband and I love this so much we often have it as a meal by itself! Regular Dorito's are sometimes hard to find but taste much better in this salad than Tostito's or other white-corn chips.
- Tear up the lettuce and place in a large bowl.
- Chop the tomato and layer on top of the lettuce.
- Layer the drained and rinsed beans over the tomatoes.
- Layer the shredded cheddar over the beans.
- Crush the Dorito's and layer these over the cheese.
- Just before serving, cover the top of the salad with the Green Goddess dressing, spreading all over and to the edges of the bowl.
This is a very good, quick meal for the summer! It was very hot here today, so I quickly whipped up this salad without having to heat up my kitchen and it turned out great. I used Spicy Nacho Doritos, a green salad mix that was already washed and cut up, and flavored black beans because I couldn't find ranch style beans. Everything else I keep the same and I assembled it as listed. My kids who love regular taco salad, really enjoyed this too. Thank you loof. Made for PLEASE REVIEW MY RECIPE MAY-JUNE 2013.
Fabulous! I used tortilla chips and substituted Ranch dressing for the Green Goddess. Next time I'll try corn chips with it. Made for Please Review my Recipe cooking tag game.
Very good! It is full of flavor and very simple to make! Thanks for sharing.