Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is great as an appetizer for a party, to take to a potluck or baby shower or simply spooned onto a plate and served with tortillas for supper since it is very good, filling and easy. Can also have as a side with enchiladas.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese (maybe more)
- 2 cups chunky salsa
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1⁄2 finely chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- tortilla chips
- Fry ground beef til brown, add spices water and flour and stir for 1 minute.
- Let cool.
- In a 9 x 13 inch pan (preferable a deep dish) Layer sour cream, sprinkle 1/2 cup cheese over top.
- Not much cheese on that layer just a bit.
- then top that with the salsa spreading as well as you can over the top.
- Next spread ground beef, then onion dashing a piece here and there.
- Then layer lettuce, tomato and the rest of the cheese.
- Chill for 2 hours or longer and use as a dip for scooping with tortillas.