1/1 Photo of Layered Taco Casserole
Recipe USA's Note:
If you enjoy Tex-Mex this is Incredible! I make this often for family get-togethers, as everyone loves and requests this.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground beef or 1 lb pork
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 taco seasoning, Package of McCormick original taco flavor
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (16 ounce) container cottage cheese
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup onions or 1 cup sliced green onion
- 12 corn tortillas (6-inch)
- 4 cups lettuce
- 2 medium tomatoes
- sour cream
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Lightly coat a 13 x 9 x 2 baking pan with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- 3In large skillet cook meat until brown. Drain fat. Stir in water, taco seasoning and garlic powder. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, about 5 minutes or to desired consistency; set aside.
- 4In mixing bowl combine cottage cheese, cheddar cheese and onion.
- 5Place 6 tortillas in prepared pan. Top with half of the meat and dollop with half of the cheese mixture. Repeat layers. Bake, uncovered for 40 to 45 minutes or until heated through.
- 6Top with lettuce and tomatoes. Serve with sour cream, if desired.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Layered Taco Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (2187 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 391.5
- Calories from Fat 194
- Total Fat 21.6 g
- Saturated Fat 10.5 g
- Cholesterol 78.5 mg
- Sodium 459.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 27.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: