From Cooking Light. The photo of this is absolutely gorgeous! Perfect for a Christmastime appetizer - stripes of red, white and green.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/3 cups sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, drained
- 2 (3 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened and divided
- 1/3 cup tomato paste
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups firmly packed fresh basil
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 1Beat 2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, butter, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and pepper at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Set aside.
- 2Process dried tomatoes in a food processor until chopped. Add 1 (3-ounce) package cream cheese, tomato paste, and 1/4 teaspoon salt; process until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides. Spoon into a bowl, and set aside. Wipe container of food processor clean.
- 3Process garlic and next 4 ingredients in food processor until chopped. Add Parmesan cheese, remaining 3-ounce package cream cheese, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt; pulse just until blended, stopping to scrape down sides.
- 4Spray a 6-inch springform pan with cooking spray. Spread 1/2 cup butter mixture evenly on bottom of springform pan. Layer with half of tomato mixture, 1/2 cup butter mixture, and half of basil mixture; top with 1/2 cup butter mixture.
- 5Repeat layers with remaining tomato mixture, 1/2 cup butter mixture, and remaining basil mixture. Top with remaining butter mixture. Cover with plastic wrap; chill at least 8 hours.
- 6Run a knife gently around edge of pan to loosen sides. Remove sides of pan; carefully remove bottom of pan, and place layered spread on a serving tray. Garnish, if desired. Serve with crackers or baguette slices.
Browse Our Top Spreads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spreads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Layered Sun-Dried Tomato and Basil Spread
Serving Size: 1 (66 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 219.9
- Calories from Fat 195
- Total Fat 21.7 g
- Saturated Fat 11.8 g
- Cholesterol 53.7 mg
- Sodium 331.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 3.8 g