Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Cooking Light. The photo of this is absolutely gorgeous! Perfect for a Christmastime appetizer - stripes of red, white and green.
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄3 cups sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, drained
- 2 (3 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened and divided
- 1⁄3 cup tomato paste
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups firmly packed fresh basil
- 1⁄4 cup pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- fresh rosemary sprig
- sun-dried tomato
- crackers or baguette, slices
- Beat 2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, butter, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and pepper at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Set aside.
- Process dried tomatoes in a food processor until chopped. Add 1 (3-ounce) package cream cheese, tomato paste, and 1/4 teaspoon salt; process until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides. Spoon into a bowl, and set aside. Wipe container of food processor clean.
- Process garlic and next 4 ingredients in food processor until chopped. Add Parmesan cheese, remaining 3-ounce package cream cheese, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt; pulse just until blended, stopping to scrape down sides.
- Spray a 6-inch springform pan with cooking spray. Spread 1/2 cup butter mixture evenly on bottom of springform pan. Layer with half of tomato mixture, 1/2 cup butter mixture, and half of basil mixture; top with 1/2 cup butter mixture.
- Repeat layers with remaining tomato mixture, 1/2 cup butter mixture, and remaining basil mixture. Top with remaining butter mixture. Cover with plastic wrap; chill at least 8 hours.
- Run a knife gently around edge of pan to loosen sides. Remove sides of pan; carefully remove bottom of pan, and place layered spread on a serving tray. Garnish, if desired. Serve with crackers or baguette slices.