Recipe by Cindy Lynn
Light, refreshing and nutritious too! Great for a light summertime lunch or as a lovely side dish too. Cook time is time required to stand before serving.
Top Review by Mirj
I made this up the night before I took it into the office. You would think I work with a bunch of vultures the way everyone dug into this. I used fresh mushrooms and made my own mayonnaise with a touch of balsamic vinegar. I've got a potluck party coming up next week, I think I'll make a bathtub's worth, based on it's success at the office. Cindy Lynn, my entire office loves you!
- 4 cups iceberg lettuce, torn
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 2 (2 1/2 ounce) jars sliced mushrooms, drained
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, sliced
- 3⁄4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1⁄3 cup onion rings, sliced thinly
- 1 (17 ounce) can sweet peas, drained (could substitute frozen)
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 3⁄4 cup cheddar cheese, coarsely grated
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large salad bowl, layer the lettuce, celery, mushrooms, eggs, green pepper, onion and peas in that order.
- Spread the mayonnaise over the top of the salad.
- Sprinkle with grated cheddar cheese.
- Cover well and let stand in refrigerator for 8 hours or over night.