Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
A Cool Delicious SaladFrom one of my Favorites-->Favorite Brand Name Recipe Cookbook
Make and share this Layered Summer Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 4 cups torn lettuce
- 1 medium red onion, sliced
- 2 cups sliced green peppers
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 4 cups sliced summer squash
- 3⁄4 cup Hellmann's mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons horseradish
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- In a large deep bowl layer lettuce, onion, green pepper, and cheese.
- Add ring of squash,In medium bowl stir together real mayonnaise,horseradish, lemon juice,Worcestershire, hot pepper sauce and garlic salt until smooth.
- Spoon dressing into center;surround with remaining tomatoes.
- Cover and refrigerate 4 to 6 hours or overnight.
A nice, healthy arranged salad with a tasty dressing, lightened with fresh lemon juice, and a kick from horseradish! This would also work well as a chopped salad if you diced the veggies and cheese. I just needed something crunchy on top, so bacon or crunchy tortilla strips would be nice. Thanks for posting.