Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A little fresh basil in the dressing brings this make ahead salad up to date. It takes minutes to make and is always the dish that disappears at potlucks. Cooking time is chill time.
- 1 cup torn spinach
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 10 ounces frozen green peas, cooked, drained and cooled
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 4 slices bacon, crisply cooked, drained and crumbled
- Layer spinach, 1 cup cheese, the mushrooms, onions, tomatoes,and peas in 3-quart serving bowl.
- Mix mayo, sour cream, and basil.
- Spread over salad, completely covering top of salad. Cover.
- Refrigerate at least 5 hours.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese and the bacon jut before serving.