1/2 Photos of Layered Summer Salad
5 hrs 30 mins
A little fresh basil in the dressing brings this make-ahead salad up-to-date. Substitute torn romaine lettuce for the spinach, if you like. For a dramatic presentation, serve this salad in a clear glass bowl. The salad must refrigerate for 5 hours, which is included in preparation time. This recipe is by Kraft.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 cups torn spinach
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mild cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 small red onion, sliced, separated into rings
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen green peas, thawed, drained
- 1/2 cup kraft mayo mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 4 slices bacon, crisply cooked, drained and crumbled
- 1Layer spinach, 1 cup of the cheese, the mushrooms, onions, tomatoes and peas in 3-qt.serving bowl.
- 2Mix mayo, sour cream and basil.
- 3Spread over salad, completely covering top of salad (gently spread the mayonnaise mixture over the entire salad, sealing to the edges to lock in the taste).
- 5Refrigerate at least 5 hours.
- 6Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese and the bacon just before serving.
Browse Our Top Mushroom Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Layered Summer Salad
Serving Size: 1 (118 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 170.6
- Calories from Fat 102
- Total Fat 11.3 g
- Saturated Fat 5.0 g
- Cholesterol 24.1 mg
- Sodium 244.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 7.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: