Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Took this recipe from an old Joys of Gelatin book. A nice refreshing summer dessert.
- 2 (3 ounce) packages strawberry gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 pint fresh strawberries
- 2 tablespoons sugar (optional)
- 1 (8 ounce) containerbib-dairy whipped topping, thawed
- 18 graham crackers
- Dissolve gelatin in boiling water.
- Add cold water and chill until slightly thickened.
- Meanwhile, slice strawberries, reserving a few for garnish and sprinkle with sugar.
- Fold whipped topping into gelatin, blending well.
- Fold in strawberries.
- Place 9 graham crackers in bottom of 9-inch square pan.
- Spread half the gelatin mixture over crackers.
- Repeat layers.
- Chill until firm, approximately 3 hours.
- Cut into squares.
- Garnish with reserved strawberries.
My children plowed through the whole dish! Really good, easy dessert. My only caution is to make sure the gelatin is quite thick before folding in the cool whip. Thanks, KathyIBel, for a great kid-friendly dessert!