Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I haven't made this yet but it sounds great. I am going to try this recipe this weekend.
- 7 cups torn romaine lettuce (from 1 head)
- 4 cups cooked chicken, cubed
- 1 cup crumbled gorgonzola (about 4 oz)
- 1 cup pecan halves (4 oz)
- 1 quart fresh strawberries, quartered (3 cups)
- 1⁄3 cup olives or 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- In deep 3-quart salad bowl, place half of the lettuce. Layer with chicken, cheese, pecan halves, remaining lettuce and strawberries.
- In small bowl or glass measuring cup, mix dressing ingredients with wire whisk until well blended. Just before serving, pour dressing over salad.
Springtime bliss. Sub'd fat-free feta cheese. Used locally grown strawberries (swoon). Looks beautiful on the plate and tastes divine. Thanks Ceezie.
Made for a great light lunch for the Ds and I. Made as written though I cut it down to 2 servings, used vegetable oil as an option, and left out the dijon mustard. Very easy to make and prepare, makes for a nice spring/ summer salad. Made for Holiday Tag..