A bit different from your usual layered salads.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup kraft Catalina dressing, divided
- 1 (10 ounce) bag fresh spinach, torn into bite sized pieces, divided
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 5 hardboiled egg, sliced
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, torn into bite size pieces
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen peas, thawed
- 1 red onion, sliced into thin rings
- granulated sugar
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 3 cups swiss cheese, shredded
- 1In a 4 quart bowl, spread 3/4 cup Catalina salad dressing in bottom.
- 2Layer three-fourths of the spinach on top and pack down. (Be sure spinach is very dry.) Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- 3Sprinkle with bacon and layer with sliced eggs.
- 4Then layer with iceberg lettuce. Pack down.
- 5Layer with peas then onion rings. Sprinkle with sugar to taste.
- 6Spread with mayonnaise, creating a 3/4 inch layer.
- 7Sprinkle Swiss cheese over mayonnaise.
- 8Add remaining spinach.
- 9Drizzle with remaining Catalina salad dressing.
- 10Cover and chill overnight.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Layered Spinach Salad
Serving Size: 1 (175 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 437.5
- Calories from Fat 310
- Total Fat 34.5 g
- Saturated Fat 9.3 g
- Cholesterol 107.0 mg
- Sodium 622.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 8.9 g
- Protein 13.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: