This makes a lovely summer meal.
Make and share this Layered Spinach Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1 bag fresh spinach, torn into bite sized pieces
- 6 hard boiled eggs, sliced
- 453.59 g bacon, fried crisp and crumbled
- 473.18 ml chopped lettuce
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced into rings
- 283.49 g package frozen peas
- 4.92 ml salt
- 4.92 ml sugar
- 4.92 ml pepper
- 236.59 ml salad dressing (Miracle Whip)
- 236.59 ml mayonnaise
- 226.79 g swiss cheese, grated
- In large bowl,layer 1/2 the spinach,eggs,bacon,lettuce,onion / and top with remaining spinach.
- Combine salad dressing and mayonnaise.
- Spread over salad and top with cheese.
- Chill 2-3 hours .
This recipe was delicious. I left out the chopped lettuce and just added another bag of baby spinach, that way I didn't have to cut the spinach up. I also left out the peas and added mushrooms instead. I put a little tobassco in the dressing to kick it up. Everything soaked up the dressing and it was delicious. Only 3 stars cause I had to doctor it up myself.
What a nice switch from the usual layered lettuce salads. I enjoyed this very much. I did make a few changes only to suit what I had available. I went with all spinach and added mushrooms, as I had some that needed to be used up. I clearly had too much spinach in the bottom, because by time I finished adding the other ingredients, there wasn't any more room in the bowl. :) There was no mention of the sugar, salt and pepper in the directions, but I presumed it was to be mixed in with the salad dressing. I also added freeze dried red onions in there too so that they would soften up. I didn't have fresh. To make the dressing a little easier to spread, I added a couple of tbsp of cider vinegar. I don't think the changes I made affected the original recipe at all, and I'll certainly be making this often.