Prep 15 mins
Cook 9 mins
A colorful make-ahead salad. Great when requested to bring a salad to a party or potluck.
- 1 (9 ounce) packagerefrigerated uncooked cheese tortellini
- 2 cups shredded red cabbage
- 6 cups torn spinach leaves
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes or 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 (8 ounce) bottleprepared ranch dressing
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Cook tortellini per package directions.
- Drain and rinse with cold water.
- In a 13x9 inch glass baking dish, layer cabbage, spinach, tortellini, and tomatoes.
- Drizzle dressing evenly over the top, then sprinkle with bacon.
- Cover and refrigerate until serving time.
I was going to submit this recipe when I found yours. Mine is the same except for the addition of 1/2 cup sliced green onions. It is a great summer salad or lunch. Perfect for potlucks. Also, if you are unable to find the refrigerated tortellini it is OK to use the dried version in the pasta section. Just cook it according to the package directions and proceed with the recipe.
Did this twice in July. It traveled well, and both parties loved it. Something different, and the colors were great for the 4th. I used "kitchen sink" dressing, and it was still fabulous. Will definitely be making it again. Also, a good way to get a little more vegetables into our diets!