Prep 35 mins
Cook 0 mins
An easy salad that is a good addition to your Tex-Mex menu. Love the dressing.
Make and share this Layered Southwestern Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1⁄2 cup lime juice
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper (or to taste)
- 1 (16 ounce) package romaine lettuce, shredded
- 5 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 small purple onion, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) packageshredded four-cheese Mexican blend cheese
- 1 (15 ounce) canwhole mexicorn whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (6 ounce) can sliced ripe olives, drained
- 2 cups crushed tortilla chips
- Add the first 7 ingredients to the container of an electric blender.
- Process until smooth.
- Layer the lettuce in a 3-quart glass bowl, followed by tomatoes, black beans, onion, cheese, corn, olives, and tortilla chips.
- Pour dressing over salad just before ready to serve.
- Toss gently and serve.