Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This wonderful recipe is from the American Heart Association. It's great as a side dish but I think it would also work as a vegetarian meal..........lots of beans, corn , mushrooms and cheese mixed with lettuce. I love these layered, make ahead salads!
- 3 cups chopped lettuce
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 8 ounces sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 (12 ounce) canno-salt corn, drained
- 1⁄4 cup chopped red onion
- 1 cup nonfat sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley or 1⁄4 cup cilantro
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup shredded low-fat cheddar cheese
- In a large, shallow glass bowl or baking dish layer chopped lettuce. Then layer in order, kidney beans, black beans, mushrooms, corn and re onion.
- In medium-sized bowl combine sour cream, parsley, white wine vinegar, salt and pepper. Spread on top of salad. Top with cheddar cheese. Cover and refrigerate 1 to 24 hours.
Enjoyed with a touch of honey in the dressing. Made for PRMR game. Thanks!