1/1 Photo of Layered Southwestern Dip With a Twist
This is an exceptionally delicious and easy to prepare dish, regardless all the layers. Use most any transparent, glass serving dish so the pretty layers can be seen through the dish. Avocados contain no saturated fat or cholesterol and are virtually the only fruit that provides good-for-you mono-unsaturated fat. I found and adapted this recipe from the one at: http://www.avocadosfrommexico.com/Details.aspx?Id=138
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 354.88 ml roasted garlic hummus or 354.88 ml bean dip
- 473.18 ml red onions, chopped
- 29.58 ml lime juice
- 14.79 ml cilantro, fresh, chopped
- 12.32 ml salt
- 236.59 ml sour cream
- 473.18 ml tomatoes, chopped
Arugula Guacamole Layer
- 1Hummus Layer. Use a 9-inch by 7-inch by 2 ½-inch (11 cup) rectangular baking dish. Spread the hummus (or bean dip if you prefer) evenly over the bottom of the dish.
- 2Red onion layer. Put the onions into a colander or strainer and rinse well under cool water. Shake dry and put into a small bowl. Stir in 1 Tbsp of the lime juice, cilantro and ¼ tsp of the salt. Arrange in a single layer over the hummus in the dish.
- 3Sour cream layer. Mix the sour cream with ¼ tsp salt. Spread in a layer over the onions.
- 4Tomato layer. Pat the tomatoes dry and mix with 1 tsp salt. Arrange tomatoes over sour cream.
- 5Guacamole layer. Scoop the avocado pulp out into a medium-size bowl. Coarsely mash with a fork. Stir in salsa, arugula, remaining 1 Tbsp lime juice and about 1 tsp salt. Gently spread the arugula guacamole over the tomatoes.
- 6Sprinkle with bacon and finely shredded cheese.
- 7Refrigerate up to 2 hours before serving.
- 8Serve with thick tortilla chips, sliced jacima, or vegetable sticks.
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Layered Southwestern Dip With a Twist
Serving Size: 1 (176 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 251.3
- Calories from Fat 193
- Total Fat 21.4 g
- Saturated Fat 6.7 g
- Cholesterol 19.6 mg
- Sodium 795.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.8 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 4.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: