Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is my best friend's Stevie's recipe. She gave it to me years' ago at Easter and it has been my job to make it for Thanksgiving each year since. It is the kind of dip that has people just pull up their chairs to the dish and leave only when the pan is scraped clean. Simple and delicious.
- 3 avocados
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 (8 ounce) carton sour cream
- 2 green onions, sliced thinly
- 1 (8 ounce) jarmild taco sauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated monterey jack cheese
- dorito nacho chip
- Mash avocado with 1 tablespoon lemon juice.
- Spread into the bottom of a 9" pie plate.
- Spread sour cream evenly on top.
- Sprinkle with sliced green onions.
- Spoon 8 ounce taco sauce over the top and cover with cheese.
- Serve with Nacho Dorito Chips.
Mmmmm...Mmmmmm..Mmmmmm! This was everything I hoped it to be and more. Next time I will make it with a hotter taco sauce coz we like hot stuff but it was great the original way too. Just what I felt like for the day after Christmas when I was in a food picking mood. TY so much for posting this recipe, it's a keeper.
We had the neighbors over for a happy hour and I served this wonderful dip. Everyone loved it and asked for the recipe. I made it ahead of time so all I had to do is take it out of the refrigerator and serve. I used Tortilla chips instead of the Dorito chips. Thanks again for sharing this, Annette Marie.