Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
A delicious make ahead dessert which is perfect for summer entertaining.
- 1 liter sorbet, any flavour (mango or hazelnut recommended)
- 1 liter vanilla ice cream
- Line the base of a deep 22cm round cake tin with baking paper.
- Allow 1/2 of the sorbet to soften a little and spread the sorbet evenly into the base of the pan.
- Place in the freezer until firm.
- Allow 1/2 of the ice-cream to soften and spread in an even layer over sorbet.
- Return to freezer to firm.
- Repeat with another layer of sorbet and ice-cream.
- Freeze until firm.
- Can be made a week ahead and stored, wrapped in clingwrap, in the freezer.
- To serve, rub the outside of the cake tin with a warm damp cloth to loosen.
- Invert onto serving plate.
- Decorate to suit the flavour used.
- The flavour combinations are virtually unlimited.
- Try mango sorbet with macadamia nut ice cream or even strawberry sorbet with chocolate ice cream!