Vino Girl's Note:
Put this in a big clear bowl so you can see all the colorful layers. From Woman's Day.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 lbs tomatoes (any kind, halve cherry or grape tomatoes, bigger ones can be cut in bite-size pieces)
- 1 avocado, peeled and cut into small chunks
- 2 cups frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 2 cups frozen peas, thawed
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 6 cups salad greens
- 1 lb peeled cooked shrimp
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro or 1/2 cup fresh basil or 1/2 cup fresh parsley
- 1Whisk oil, vinegar, juice, salt and pepper in a large bowl.
- 2Add tomatoes and avocado; toss gently.
- 3Let stand 20 minutes to develop flavors.
- 4Mix corn, peas and bell pepper in a 4 quart serving bowl; spread evenly across the bottom of the bowl.
- 5Top corn layer with 1/2 of the greens, the shrimp, then the remaining greens.
- 6Spread tomato mixture over top and sprinkle with cilantro.
- 7When serving spoon directly down to hit all of the layers (you can also just mix it all together, too).
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Layered Shrimp, Corn and Pea Salad
Serving Size: 1 (728 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 500.7
- Calories from Fat 212
- Total Fat 23.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 221.0 mg
- Sodium 817.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.2 g
- Sugars 10.8 g
- Protein 34.3 g