Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
Put this in a big clear bowl so you can see all the colorful layers. From Woman's Day.
Make and share this Layered Shrimp, Corn and Pea Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 lbs tomatoes (any kind, halve cherry or grape tomatoes, bigger ones can be cut in bite-size pieces)
- 1 avocado, peeled and cut into small chunks
- 2 cups frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 2 cups frozen peas, thawed
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 6 cups salad greens
- 1 lb peeled cooked shrimp
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh cilantro or 1⁄2 cup fresh basil or 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley
- Whisk oil, vinegar, juice, salt and pepper in a large bowl.
- Add tomatoes and avocado; toss gently.
- Let stand 20 minutes to develop flavors.
- Mix corn, peas and bell pepper in a 4 quart serving bowl; spread evenly across the bottom of the bowl.
- Top corn layer with 1/2 of the greens, the shrimp, then the remaining greens.
- Spread tomato mixture over top and sprinkle with cilantro.
- When serving spoon directly down to hit all of the layers (you can also just mix it all together, too).