Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
A recipe from the back of a "Creamette"-brand shell macaroni package.
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 3⁄4 cups low fat cottage cheese or 1 3⁄4 cups ricotta cheese
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1⁄3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- salt and pepper
- 1 (7 ounce) package small shell pasta, uncooked
- 3 cups about 28 oz. jar spaghetti sauce, divided
- In large bowl, stir together spinach, cottage cheese, egg, Parmesan cheese, 2/3 cup mozzarella cheese, parsley, salt and pepper; set aside.
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Toss hot pasta with 2 1/2 cups spaghetti sauce. Arrange half of pasta mixture in bottom of 12 x 8-inch baking dish.
- Layer spinach mixture evenly over pasta; cover with remaining pasta.
- Spread remaining sauce over top; sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese and additional Parmesan cheese, if desired.
- Bake 35-40 minutes or until hot and bubbly.