Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Try this appetizer at your next cocktail party, Super Bowl party, or get-together. Always a hit!!! Prep time does not include chilling.
- 2 1⁄2 cups water
- 3⁄4 lb unpeeled medium raw shrimp
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (12 ounce) jar seafood cocktail sauce (your favorite)
- 2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese (8 ounces)
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup sliced ripe black olives
- Bring water to a boil; add shrimp, and cook 3 to 5 minutes. Drain well; rinse with cold water. Chill. Peel and devein shrimp. Chop half the shrimp. Chill chopped shrimp and remaining whole shrimp.
- Beat cream cheese at medium speed of an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add lemon juice, mayonnaise, seasoned salt, lemon-pepper seasoning, and Worcestershire sauce, and beat until smooth. Spread mixture into a 10-inch circle on a large serving platter. cover and chill at least 30 minutes.
- Spread cocktail sauce evenly over cream cheese mixture. Layer chopped shrimp, Monterey Jack cheese, and remaining ingredients, except whole shrimp, over the cocktail sauce. Top with whole shrimp. Cover and chill thoroughly. Serve with assorted crackers.
This is absolutely wonderful. It is so easy to make and fun, fun, fun to eat.