Prep 40 mins
Cook 6 hrs
An old family favorite that's perfect for feeding a crowd.
- 1 lettuce head, chopped roughly (use a large head of lettuce)
- 1⁄3 cup green onion, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup celery, chopped
- 6 ounces canned water chestnuts, drained and diced
- 10 ounces frozen peas (unthawed)
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 lb bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 3 -4 hard-boiled eggs, chopped (or sliced)
- 3 tomatoes, diced
- parmesan cheese, to taste
- Place lettuce in 9 x 13 inch glass pan.
- Sprinkle next 3 ingredients on top in layers.
- Break apart frozen peas and sprinkle over all.
- Mix the mayonnaise and sugar in a separate bowl and then spread over the salad.
- Refrigerate overnight or at least 6 hours.
- Before serving, add a layer of bacon, eggs, tomatoes, and parmesan cheese.