Recipe by NannyMarvel
This recipe was given to me by my daughter-in-law who got it from her mom. It tastes really rich and creamy but it's not too bad, calorie wise.
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, chopped roughly
- 1 (4 ounce) can water chestnuts, sliced
- 2 medium carrots, grated
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen peas
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 4 slices fried bacon, crumbled
- 1 large tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cups light mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Layer chopped lettuce in large bowl or flat bottom pan. Then layer the water chestnuts, grated carrots, chopped celery, bell pepper, green onions and frozen peas.
- Cover top with dressing. Arrange hard boiled eggs, crumbled bacon and tomatoes over the dressing.
- Cover tightly with plastic wrap and let set in fridge for 4-24 hours. The longer it sets, the better it tasts.