Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is an easy salad to make. I take it to potluck dinners and I have served it at work when I had to cater a lunch for some visiting V.I.P.s.
- 2 (10 ounce) bagsprewashed lettuce
- 1 (16 ounce) box frozen peas
- 1 1⁄2 cups mayonnaise (Hellmann's)
- 8 slices bacon, cooked to a crisp and crumbled
- 2 cups shredded cheese (Monterey Jack or mild cheddar is best)
- 1⁄2 purple onion, chopped
- Defrost peas according to the directions on the box.
- Place the 1/2 of the washed lettuce in a large bowl.
- Spread 1/2 of the mayonnaise over the lettuce.
- Cover with a layer of 1/2 bacon, 1/2 of cheese, 1/2 of the peas, and 1/2 of the onion.
- Repeat steps two, three, and four.
- Refrigerate for two hours.
- Toss salad before serving.
I enjoyed this salad! I substituted bacon bits for the bacon and used sharp cheddar cheese. Thanks for a nice summer salad!
This salad is so pretty if it's layered in a tall clear dish. I was skeptical when I heard of mayonaise as a layer for dressing. But boy was I wrong. This salad is delicious! I kept going back for more! Elegant and tasty.
Yay! I got just what I wanted on this terribly hot day; a dinner that was Cold And Good.