Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is one of my family's favorite appetizers.
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cansjalapeno-flavored bean dip
- 4 medium ripe avocados
- 2 cups sliced green onions
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 2⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (6 ounce) can pitted ripe olives, chopped
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- tortilla chips
- 2 (4 ounce) canschopped green chilies
- 8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese (2 cups)
- 1 cup chopped cilantro (mix with tomatoes)
- On a 15x10 inch or larger shallow serving platter, thinly spread bean dip.
- In a small bowl, combine sour cream, mayonnaise and taco seasoning mix; spread over bean dip.
- Sprinkle with chilies.
- Mash avocados, combine with lime juice, salt& garlic.
- Spread over chilies.
- Sprinkle with onions, olives, tomatoes& Cilantro, cheese (in this order).
- Serve with tortilla chips.
I'm totally guilty of enjoying this recipe and forgetting to review it. It's the greatest and very popular with my Oscar Nite guests. It is just assumed that this will be on the menu! Thanks so much for sharing it. I think the lime juice is what makes it special!