Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
I took a recipe I found in a cook book for taco dip and another for ranch dip and made my own dip from it. This is wonderful and the ranch dressing gives this recipe a great kick. You could also serve this as a meal by adding 1 lb cooked ground beef on top of the refried beans.
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 1 (8 ounce) can sour cream
- 1 (1/2 ounce) package buttermilk ranch salad dressing mix
- 3 roma tomatoes, seeded and finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup olive, sliced and drained
- 6 tablespoons green onions, sliced
- 1⁄2 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup Mexican blend cheese, shredded
- 1 1⁄2 cups lettuce, chopped
- 2 avocados, chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) bag tortilla chips
- In a 10-12 in pie plate, spread the refried beans.
- In a small bowl, combine the sour cream and dressing mix and spread over the beans.
- Place other ingredients on top of sour cream mixture in this order. Lettuce, tomatoes, olives, onions and bell pepper, avocado.
- Then sprinkle with cheese and enjoy with tortilla chips.
This is similar to a layered taco dip I already make, but I did use the ground beef layer (seasoned with taco seasoning). My recipe has some other slight differences (uses salsa, does not use ranch dressing mix). Mine also does not use lettuce or bell pepper (which I omitted). We loved this! It was a nice, if subtle change. There were no leftovers. I think using the ground beef layer and having the lettuce layer made it seem more like eating tacos. Yum!