Prep 40 mins
Cook 15 mins
Pretty layers of cheesecake and pumpkin. Prize winning Taste of Home recipe.
- 1 1⁄2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
Cream Cheese Filling
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 15 ounces solid pack pumpkin
- 3 eggs, separated
- 3⁄4 cup sugar, divided
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 ounces unflavored gelatin
- 1⁄4 cup cold water
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, combine the crumbs, sugar and cinnamon; stir in butter. Press into an ungreased 13 x 9 x 2 inch baking dish.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in sugar and eggs until fluffy. Pour over crust. Bake at 350°F for 15-20 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large saucepan, combine the pumpkin, egg yolks, 1/2 cup sugar, milk, cinnamon and salt. Cook and stir over low heat for 10-12 minutes or until mixture is thickened and reaches 160°F Remove from the heat.
- In a small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over cold water; let stand for 1 minute. Heat over low heat, stirring until gelatin is completely dissolved. Stir into pumpkin mixture; cool.
- In a large heavy saucepan, combine egg whites and remaining sugar. With a portable mixer, beat on low speed for 1 minute. Continue beating over low heat until mixture reaches 160F, about 12 minutes.
- Remove from the heat; beat until stiff glossy peaks form and sugar is dissolved. Fold into pumpkin mixture. Pour over cream cheese layer. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or until set.
- Just before serving, in a large mixing bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add sugar and vanilla; beat until stiff peaks form. Spread over pumpkin layer.
Made this last Thanksgiving. My family LOVED it. I will definitely make it again!