Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This recipe is from PAM baking spray. Allow extra time for cooling.
- cooking spray (or cooking spray, followed by a dusting of flour)
- 1 1⁄2 cups firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3⁄4 cup butter or 3⁄4 cup margarine, divided
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped walnuts
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
- confectioners' sugar (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Spray 12-cup fluted tube pan with baking spray; set aside.
- Combine brown sugar, flour and cinnamon in small bowl.
- Cut in 1/2 cup butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Stir in walnuts; set aside.
- Beat remaining 1/4 cup butter and dry cake mix in large bowl until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, 1 at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Add pumpkin; beat 3 minutes, or until well blended.
- Sprinkle 1/3 of the brown sugar mixture onto bottom of prepared pan; cover with 1/3 of the batter, spreading to form even layer in pan.
- Repeat layers 2 more times.
- Bake 45 minutes, or until wooden pick inserted near center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 15 minutes; remove from pan to wire rack.
- Cool completely.
- Dust with confectioners' sugar, if desired.
- Cut into 12 slices to serve.