Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 hrs
I have to say this is NOT my recipe I got it straight from the Hostess website. That being said it is Very good. I have made it a few times and there is never a drop left. It is always a hit at holiday dinners and carry ins.
- 10 Hostess Twinkies
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen non-dairy topping, thawed, divided
- 2 (3 1/2 ounce) packages instant vanilla pudding
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup milk
- additional pumpkin pie spice
- Slice Twinkies in half lengthwise and place cream-side up, in single layer in 9 x 13-inch baking dish. Using a mixer, blend together cream cheese, confectioners' sugar and ½ of whipped topping until smooth. Spread evenly over Twinkies.
- Combine pudding mix, pumpkin, pumpkin pie spice and milk. Whisk until well blended and layer over cream cheese mixture. Carefully spread remaining whipped topping over pumpkin. Lightly sprinkle with pumpkin pie spice. Refrigerate several hours or until set.
When a friend brought this to my home on Thanksgiving I was skeptical. After a sampling I was like,"this is sinful and delicious." It is very rich and it is certainly a hit with any sweet-toothers or children. I would definitely give it a try if you would like to try something different and fun.