Recipe by deborah03
I found this recipe in the coupon section in an ad for twinkies. I might make this instead of pumpkin pie this holiday season.
Top Review by edgeworth
I took this to my grandmother's church last Sunday. It was her 83rd b-day. The preacher loved it and lots of people asked for the recipe. The only thing I changed was letting each layer set in the fridge before adding the next layer. Keeps the layers from smearing. Great recipe!
- 425.24 g package Hostess Twinkies (10 twinkies)
- 226.79 g cream cheese, softened
- 236.59 ml powdered sugar
- 226.79 g container frozen non-dairy topping, thawed, and divided
- 2 (192.77 g) instant vanilla pudding
- 425.24 g can pumpkin
- 7.39 ml pumpkin pie spice
- 236.59 ml milk
- additional pumpkin pie spice
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice twinkies in half lengthwise and place cream-side up, in single layer in 9 x 13-inch baking dish.
- Using a mixer, blend together cream cheese, powdered sugar and 1/2 of whipped topping until smooth.
- Spread evenly over twinkies.
- Combine pudding mix, pumpkin, pumpkin pie spice and milk.
- Whisk until well blended and layer over cream cheese mixture.
- Carefully spread remaining whipped topping over pumpkin.
- Lightly sprinkle with pumpkin pie spice.
- Refrigerate several hours or until set.