Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
I found this recipe in the coupon section in an ad for twinkies. I might make this instead of pumpkin pie this holiday season.
- Slice twinkies in half lengthwise and place cream-side up, in single layer in 9 x 13-inch baking dish.
- Using a mixer, blend together cream cheese, powdered sugar and 1/2 of whipped topping until smooth.
- Spread evenly over twinkies.
- Combine pudding mix, pumpkin, pumpkin pie spice and milk.
- Whisk until well blended and layer over cream cheese mixture.
- Carefully spread remaining whipped topping over pumpkin.
- Lightly sprinkle with pumpkin pie spice.
- Refrigerate several hours or until set.
I took this to my grandmother's church last Sunday. It was her 83rd b-day. The preacher loved it and lots of people asked for the recipe. The only thing I changed was letting each layer set in the fridge before adding the next layer. Keeps the layers from smearing. Great recipe!
I have been making this recipe for years for Thanksgiving. Everyone enjoys it. Nice change of pace for something with a pumpking flavor if you and yours are getting tired of the basic pumpkin pie!!
My family loved this. It was easy to make. Taking it to a New Year's Party. Can't wait to hear the reviews form the crowd.