Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
This makes a lovely home made gift to give to friends and family.
Ingredients to Layer in Jar
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 3⁄4 cup dried cranberries
Ingredients to Prepare Bread Mix
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- To prepare the layered mix:.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, baking soda and salt, stirring until well blended.
- Place mixture into a 1 quart jar.
- Pack down this layer.
- Add the brown sugar to the jar, firmly packing down.
- Layer the white sugar on top of the brown sugar, firmly packing.
- Layer the pecans and then the dried cranberries into the jar.
- Makes base for one recipe of Layered Pumpkin Cranberry Bread.
- For gift giving, place cap on jar and attach a ribbon and card with the following instructions:.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Grease and flour two 7 x 4 inch loaf pans(or 4 small loaf pans).
- In a large bowl, combine the pumpkin, oil and eggs, stirring until well blended and set aside.
- Place contents of jar into a medium bowl and mix until well blended.
- Add flour mixture into the pumpkin mixture, stirring until well blended.
- Divide batter evenly between the prepared pans.
- Bake at 350° for 40-50 minutes (30 to 35 minutes for the small pans), or until inserted toothpick comes out clean.
I made this for my sisters and mom this christmas... they loved it and said it was very tasty! I added more spices to the flour mixture- instead of pumpkin pie spice I did 1/2to 1 tsp each of nutmeg, allspice, cloves, cinnamon, and ginger. (I like pumpkin things to be nice and spicy)
I made this for my uncle for Christmas and he loved it and asked for the recipe.