Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is a "left-overs" recipe, using the remaining pumpkin pie filling that just won't fit in the standard pie shells. Instead of tossing it out, make this deliciously sweet layered pie!
- 9 inches graham cracker crust (ready-made is fine)
- 2 cups pumpkin pie filling, uncooked and prepared according to your preferred recipe (I generally have about 2 cups left, after filling 2 8-inch pie shells)
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups whipped cream, divided (Dream whip or whipped topping will work, but won't be as rich)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine prepared, uncooked pumpkin pie filling, pudding mix, and milk in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir constantly, until pumpkin mixture begins to bubble. Continue stirring and cook for 2 minutes. Remove from heat to cool.
- Beat together 1 cup of whipped cream, cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract, until smooth.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture in bottom of graham cracker crust.
- Spread COOLED pumpkin mixture over cream cheese mixture.
- Spread remaining cup of whipped cream over the top of the pumpkin mixture.
- Refrigerate for several hours.