Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
High on our list of longtime favorites, this fluffy, fruity refrigerated treat continues to hold its own against new dessert recipes.
- 1 cup crushed vanilla wafer, divided
- 1 (3 ounce) package vanilla pudding mix
- 2 medium ripe bananas, divided
- 1 (3 ounce) package strawberry gelatin
- 1 cup whipped topping
- Spread half of the crushed wafers in the bottom of a greased 8-in. square pan.
- Prepare pudding mix according to package directions; spoon hot pudding over crumbs.
- Slice one banana; place over pudding. Top with remaining crumbs.
- Chill for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, prepare gelatin according to package directions; chill for 30 minutes or until partially set. Pour over crumbs.
- Slice the remaining banana and place over gelatin. Spread whipped topping over all.
- Chill for 2 hours.
I keep coming back to this one also. I originally saw it in one of my "Taste of Home" cookbooks and was so glad to see it here at Recipezaar so I don't have to hunt through all those cookbooks. All of my children like this one, even the kids that don't really care for bananas.
I have made this dessert, like it b/c it does not have cream cheese in it. It is pretty and I do not have any grandkids around (yet, but soon) and I would think kids would love the jello part. How can you go wrong-red jello, bananas, and pudding? Also it is fairly healthy for a dessert:) It is a perfect summer dessert.