Recipe by looneytunesfan
High on our list of longtime favorites, this fluffy, fruity refrigerated treat continues to hold its own against new dessert recipes.
Top Review by jolenemom6
I keep coming back to this one also. I originally saw it in one of my "Taste of Home" cookbooks and was so glad to see it here at Recipezaar so I don't have to hunt through all those cookbooks. All of my children like this one, even the kids that don't really care for bananas.
- 1 cup crushed vanilla wafer, divided
- 1 (3 ounce) package vanilla pudding mix
- 2 medium ripe bananas, divided
- 1 (3 ounce) package strawberry gelatin
- 1 cup whipped topping
Directions See How It's Made
- Spread half of the crushed wafers in the bottom of a greased 8-in. square pan.
- Prepare pudding mix according to package directions; spoon hot pudding over crumbs.
- Slice one banana; place over pudding. Top with remaining crumbs.
- Chill for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, prepare gelatin according to package directions; chill for 30 minutes or until partially set. Pour over crumbs.
- Slice the remaining banana and place over gelatin. Spread whipped topping over all.
- Chill for 2 hours.