Recipe by smellyvegetarian
This is a really filling, warming dish that is perfect when the weather turns chilly. Some view it as a side dish, but we have often enjoyed it as a main. Make sure to slice the potatoes thin or it will take a while for this to bake!
Top Review by sloe cooker
I really like all of these ingredients seprately but have never had them together like this before. I made and enjoyed this as my main course today for lunch, warmed up some leftover frozen cooked blackeyed peas. I am looking forward to preparing again. Thanks for posting. Made for Adopt a Veggie Tag
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 large kale leaves (chopped)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 medium potatoes, sliced 1/8-inch thick
- 3 medium sweet potatoes, sliced 1/8-inch thick
- 1 cup reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Saute onions in oil over medium heat until tender.
- Add kale and toss until it begins to wilt.
- Arrange potato slices in a sprayed 13 x 9 pan.
- Sprinkle 1/2 of all the herbs and arrange kale mixture over this. Sprinkle remaining herbs on top.
- Arrange sweet potatoes on top and cover with foil.
- Bake 40 minutes. Remove foil, sprinkle cheese on top, and bake 10 more minutes or until cheese is melted.