Recipe by Sonya01
for st paticks day You will need a round 18cm (base measurement) cake pan for this recipe
Top Review by twissis
*Fantastic potatoes* & so easy to fix! I doubled the recipe, made them Fri to serve as a side dish for a dinner party Sat nite & they rewarmed well in the microwave. I added garlic (a pers pref must for me) & chives + parsley mostly as color variants. All Icelanders revere the potato, my guests loved this dish & the ladies asked for the recipe. Thx for sharing this unanimous 5* recipe w/us. :-)
- melted butter, to grease
- 1 kg coliban potato, peeled, thinly sliced
- 70 g butter, melted
- 30 g shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leave
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- mixed salad green, to serve
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 220°C Brush a round 18cm (base measurement) cake pan with melted butter to lightly grease. Place the potato slices in a large bowl. Add the melted butter and gently toss until potato slices are well coated. Arrange one-third of the potato slices over the base of the prepared pan.
- Combine parmesan and thyme in a bowl. Sprinkle potato slices with one-third of the parmesan mixture. Season with salt and pepper. Continue layering with the remaining potato slices, parmesan mixture and salt and pepper, finishing with a layer of parmesan mixture.
- Bake in preheated oven, pressing the potato down with the back of a large spoon a couple of times during cooking, for 1 hour or until tender and golden. Remove from oven and set aside for 5 minutes to cool slightly. Turn onto a serving plate. Cut into wedges and serve with mixed salad leaves.